Pagina's

Mijn lijst met blogs

zondag 3 april 2011

Haar naam was Sarah / Elle s'appelait Sarah/ Sarah's key

I read the book first, which is a must read. I was so in awe with the book I just had to see the movie.
What a great movie it is. Sober, dark and you can't breath for 1,5 hours.

It is so unbelievable that the majority of this story really happened. The world has so many dark pages in history, but what happened during this war is so incomprehensible. Mothers seperated from their children for no reason.
The story about Sarah is a sad sad sad story, that unfortunately could easily have been a true story.
I cried my eyes out when the scene with the little brother was showed.

Our generation knows about the war, but what do we really know? This movie ( and the book) helped me understand more about the horrors human beings had to endure just because in the eyes of other human beings they were different.

In english this movie is called Sarah's Key


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...